When it comes to losing weight, there is tons of information in books and magazines as well as online. Most of these promise that you’ll be able to lose as much weight as you want and keep it off for good. Unfortunately, not all of this deliver on their promises. In some cases, experts recommend diets that eliminate carbs and/or fats while others promote special supplements and superfoods. With so many options to choose from, it’s no wonder people have such a difficult time deciding one.
Here is a list of helpful suggestions and tips for choosing a weight loss plan or program that is effective and helps you keep the weight off:
- Ask yourself these questions – before diving into a weight loss program, take time to educate yourself as much as possible. Be sure you ask these questions beforehand:
- What are the risks involved?
- What is involved?
- What is the basis for the diet?
- What type of results should you expect?
- Consider your personal needs – there’s no one-size-fits-all diet or weight loss plan for everybody. Before starting your weight loss program think about past diets you’ve tried that failed, your budget, and your personal preferences. Other considerations might include cultural, ethnic, or religious requirements where foods are concerned or having a health condition such as allergies, diabetes, heart disease, etc.
- Look for a medically supervised weight loss program that’s safe and effective – while it’s tempting to go after promises of fast weight loss, the best approach to losing weight is one that’s slow and steady. Furthermore, this type of weight loss enables you to keep the extra pounds off. A good weight loss plan will be balanced, flexible, include physical activity, and be likeable.
- Think about your weight loss options – you have so many choices to consider where diets are concerned such as:
- balanced diets
- high protein diets
- low carb diets
- low fat diets
- meal replacement (e.g., Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, Slim Fast, etc.)
- very low-calorie diets
- Understand the keys to successful weight loss – in order to successfully meet your target weight loss goals, you have to make long-term lifestyle changes, especially when it comes to your eating habits and how much physical activity you get. You need to find an approach that you can commit to for life. Remember, you won’t stand much of a chance of keeping the weight off if you revert back to your old habits.
For more information regarding our medically supervised weight loss program, call Trim Body M.D. today at (949) 267-7386. If you have questions, our business representatives are available to take your calls.